» ATTENTION PEOPLES
Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:11 pm by Abspell

» !holly bennett
Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 pm by Abspell

May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary....

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary....

Post by Abspell on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Osprey pouted and sat up. "Puh-leaze Chevy? I want a sto-o-ory-y-y! I'm so bo-ored!" She flopped onto her stomach, pumping her legs back and forth like a giddy teen girl talking on the phone to her friends.

Suddenly, a child tore through the undergrowth, chasing a rubber ball. However, with one look at Osprey and Chev, he squealed like a young pig and ran back where he had come from. Osprey grinned. "Silly little ki-i-id! Looks like a pig, wanna eat him, 'till there's bo-o-nes!" She sung, and cackled. She turned back to Chev. "Story story story! Puh-leaze?" And she gave him her best 'puppy-dog' face.
Abspell

View user profile http://honorthevictorian.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Chev scratched his head. He didn't know how to tell a story. He was about to tell her, but with one look at her face, he began.
"There was an old, poor fisherman who caste his net four times a day and only four times. One day he went to the shore and cast his net. When he tried to pull it up, he found it to be heavy. When he dove in and pulled up the net, he found a dead donkey in it. Then he cast his net again and netted a pitcher full of dirt. Then he cast his net for a third time and netted shards of pottery and glass. On his fourth and final try, he called upon the name of God and caste his net. When he pulled it up he found a copper jar with a cap that had the seal of Solomon on it. The fisherman was overjoyed, since he could sell the jar for money. He was curious of what was inside the jar, and removed the cap with his knife. A plume of smoke came out of the jar and condensed into an Ifrit (powerful genie). The fisherman was frightened, although initially the Jinni did not notice him. The Jinni thought that Solomon had come to kill him. When the fisherman told him that Solomon had been dead for many centuries, the Jinni was overjoyed and granted the fisherman a choice of the manner of his death.

The Jinni explained that for the first hundred years of his imprisonment, he swore to enrich the person who freed him forever. For the second century of his imprisonment, he swore to grant his liberator great wealth, but nobody freed him. After another century, he swore to grant three wishes to the person who freed him, yet nobody did so. After four hundred years of imprisonment, the Jinni became enraged and swore to grant the person who freed him a choice of deaths.

The fisherman pleaded for his life, but the Jinni would not concede. The fisherman decided to trick the Jinni. He asked the Jinni how he managed to fit into the bottle. The Jinni, eager to show off, shrank and placed himself back into the bottle to demonstrate his abilities. The fisherman quickly put the cap back on and threatened to throw it back to the sea. The Jinni pleaded with the fisherman, who began to tell the story of "The Wazir and the Sage Duban" as an example of why the Jinni should have spared him.

After the story, the Jinni pleaded for clemency, and swore to help him in return for being released. The fisherman accepted the bargain, and released the Jinni. The Jinni then led the fisherman to a pond with many exotic fish, and the fisherman caught four. Before disappearing, the Jinni told the fisherman to give the fish to the Sultan. The fisherman did so and was rewarded with money for presenting the fishes. Every time a fish was fried, a person would appear and question them, and the fish answered. When the fish would be flipped in the pan, it would be charred. Awed by the sight, the Sultan asked the fisherman where he got the fish and went to the pond to uncover their mystery. When he reached his destination, the Sultan found a young man who was half man and half stone. The young man recounted his story, as the story of "The Ensorcelled Prince". The Sultan then assisted the Prince in his liberation and revenge. They became close friends, and the fisherman who first found the fish was rewarded with his son being appointed the Sultan's treasurer, and the Sultan and the prince married the fisherman's two daughters."
He finished the story and sighed. He had read it in a book once. A book of old Persian fairy tales.
I Caught Fire

View user profile http://testsite.forum-motion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Seemingly enraptured by the tale, Osprey was silent, content to listen to Chev speak. Though occasionally she bit her lip, fidgeted, whistled a tune, and clicked her nails together. When Chev came to the part about where the Jinni was ready to kill the fisherman, she giggled girlishly, as if expecting a bloody death for the man.

Of course, when that never happened, she pouted, but continued to listen. She flipped over to her back, and reached up, as if she could touch the beautiful fish. Then the story ended, and she laughed, clapping her hands like an excited otter. "What a bee-oo-tiful story-y-y! I loved it, loved it, love love loved it!" She laughed again and kissed Chev on the nose. "Chevy-lina has a golden tongue and a silver smile! So all the boys want to take her to the ba-a-all!" She kissed him on the nose again, for good measure.

"Tick tock, tick tock. But why were the daughter's given up for nothing." She smiled, devilishly. "Because the men will belittle the maidens and lock them in towers, but never will they charge through the sun on a horse." She hugged herself and grinned.
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Chev chuckled.
"Everyone may want to bring me to the ball, but I will only go with you." He grinned at her, wrinkling his nose at her kiss. The sun shined down on them, breaking through the clouds. It poured into the small clearing, filling it with light. He laughed, watching the sunlight glitter.
He looked over at Osprey, smiling.
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Osprey stood up, pulling off her worn sneakers and throwing them into the bush. She was in bare feet now, and began to run circle around Chev. "Sweet little Chev, let's go for a wa-a-alk! It's a beautiful day and it won't stay that way!" Laughing at her own rhyme, Osprey nudged her new companion with one of her socked feet. "Sitting around all day and your body with stick like that! And then your fat will dissolve and you'll be a skelly-ton!"
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Chev laughed standing up. Like always, he was barefoot. He took her hand and started through the underbrush, pulling her along.
"Osssspreyy! Come on you slow poke!!"
He grinned at her then spun her before continuing on through the small forest.
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Osprey giggled maniacally and allowed herself to be pulled along. It was fun. F-U-N. So much. She grinned when he spun her and then laughed as the pair continued running. Soon enough, she tired out, and released his hand. Then she got an idea.

"Chevy-y-y-y! I want-a braid your hair and make you pretty." Looking around, she let out a cry of delight and sat down on a stump. She patted the ground in front of her. "Come on-n-n Chevy-y! Your hair is so soft and long, I hafta braid it, or I'll go even crazier!"
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:40 pm

Chev laughed and sat in front of her, his back to the stump. "Do what you want with me, Ospy."
He smiled. If she could give him nicknames, then he could give her one. He brushed his hair behind him so she could get at it then relaxed into a more comfortable position.
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:08 pm

With nimble fingers, Osprey sifted through Chev's hair, tying off delicate little braids (due to the lack of available hair-ties). She felt unusually calm doing Chev's hair, and for some reason that was kind-a scary. Soon enough, she had converted Chev's hair into a mop of braids.

"You're such a pretty girly, Chevy-y!" She hugged his head, putting one arm on his shoulder. "I love you Chevy-lina. You're my sister now, so I'll always-always-always take care of you. Even if it's raining and there's puddles." From behind him, Osprey grinned maliciously, "And if anyone hurts you I'll rip their guts out and make pies out of it."

She rested her head on the back of his, "Love you Chevy-y-y."
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 am

Chev chuckled. "Love you, too Ospy. No one will ever hurt you. I'll make sure of that." He stroked a lock of her hair that had fallen over his shoulder. He smiled. "Thanks for the braids."
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 am

Osprey pushed her new 'sister' forward, so she could wiggle out. There was a hole in one of her striped socks, and her toe stuck out like a little pink worm. She wiggled it, and smiled. Then she looked up at the sky and noted where the sun is. She let out a dramatic gasp.

"Chevy! It is time for the tea-party, so I must leave!" She bent down to his level and grabbed his face between two hands. "Don't get into a-a-any trouble while I'm gone, y' here me? Or I'll know, 'cause I'm gonna put a piece of my soul into you so I can see." And then she gave him another kiss, this time on the lips. "And now I always know where you are!" She giggled and stood up.

"I have to go now, or the Hatter and Alice will drink all my tea! And then I will have to resort to drastic measures!"

She giggled.
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 am

He laughed, "Can't I come with you? My hair is done up Aaall pretty for the tea-party!"
He grinned, standing too. He didn't want her to leave him yet. He straightened out the rumples in his shirt.
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:07 am

When she turned back to him, there was an interesting expression on her face. Part smile, part hidden message. There was something devious about it, but maybe there wasn't. She put a finger to her lips.

"Little girls should know better than to play flirtatious games with the dark. You don't know what kind of monsters are hiding in it," she winked, "Or, maybe there's nothing there. Just your friendly shadow. How can you tell? Maybe you've seen only one side of it. And you can't judge something only on that, now can you?"

She cackled. "We don't want to ruin your beauty, Chevy-lina-a-a."

[ aside: this may require an explanation xD In the middle part, Osprey is talking about herself: how Chev shouldn't be too kind to her, since he doesn't know what kind of person she is behind the cheerful personality she's been showing him. She could be a 'monster' ;3 But then again 'maybe there's nothing there', and the character she's been showing to him is the only one ]
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Chev pouted. "But I wanna go-o!"
He sat on the stump and crossed his arms over his chest like a little girl. He fixed his eyes on Osprey.
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abspell on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Osprey snickered and tapped his nose. "If you be a good little Chevy-lina, I per-omise to take you next time! Don't forget, I'll know if you've been a bad girl." She pinched his cheeks. "Now, be a good little Chevy-kins and think up some funny stories when I'm gone."

She skipped a few steps away from him. The she turned back, giggled, and waved at Chev. "I'll see you la-a-a-ater Chevy! Stay in school." She blew him a kiss and off she went.

[ aside: so, I guess after you post we'll close this thread? x3 ]
Abspell

Back to top Go down

Post by I Caught Fire on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Chevalier chuckled as he stood. What an odd girl. Even so, he would miss her.
There was a Shape-Shifter in the park. A personal favorite of his. He started heading in that direction, leaving the braids in his hair....
I Caught Fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum